Rec Plus Policies
- Email is the primary form of communication.
- Please deal directly with the Off The Wall Sports Manager on duty for all team issues.
- The team is responsible for the bill. Any UNPAID bills could result in player suspensions.
- All players must be a member of the team. NO EXCEPTIONS! No weekly admission.
- All players on the team must meet the age requirements for the age division. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Recommended number of players for a team: 10-12 Players
- Guest players are not permitted. Any team using players not on the roster will forfeit the game. ***A team that wishes to forfeit must announce any and all guest players to the opposing team. Off the Wall Sports and the opposing team have the right to exclude any or all guest players from the game.
- All player fees are due at the time the player registers.
- Teams may roster as many players as desired.
If you wish to reschedule a game, please follow our procedure as follows:
- Notify your opponent more than five days in advance.
- The opponent then must contact Off The Wall Sports. Off The Wall Sports will provide 1 and only one time to reschedule the game.
- The opponent may choose to reschedule or not.
- Your team must be present and have enough players to play the game to earn points for a forfeit. No points will be awarded if your team is not present!
- If neither team shows up for a game, both teams forfeit, No Exceptions!
- Points are awarded as follows: Win 3, Loss 0, Tie 1, Forfeit –3. Any changes to the schedule or any rescheduling are the sole responsibility of the team manager. Off the Wall Sports will not credit team fees for games not played. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Games consist of two halves with a 1 minute half-time.
- Under 10, Under 12 and Under 14 play 22 minute halves.
- Games must begin on time and end on time. Teams not ready to play at the scheduled game time will forfeit.
- All players must be in uniform, including shirt with team colors, shin guards and proper shoes (No Studs/screw-ins). Shoes are to be carried in.
- Players are required to check in at the desk before each game.
- Teams caught using illegal players will forfeit the season. Teams are not allowed any guest players.
- Players who have not signed the waiver form will not be permitted to play. Off the Wall Sports, LLC will not be responsible for the safety of players playing illegally without the knowledge and consent of Off the Wall Sports, LLC.
- Any player with an open wound or blood on the uniform must be properly bandaged and change the uniform before returning to the game.
8 & Under
- Games are played indoors at Off The Wall Sports on Fields 3.
- The format is 5 vs. 5.
- Coaches are parent volunteer.
10 & Under, 12 & Under & 14 & Under
- Games are played indoors at Off The Wall Sports on Fields 1 & 2.
- The format is 7 vs. 7.
- Coaches are parent volunteer.
- 8 & Under – Born 2011-2012 (1st/2nd Grade)
- 10 & Under – Born 2009-2010 (3rd/4th Grade)
- 12 & Under – Born 2007-2008 (5th/6th Grade)
- 14 & Under – Born 2005-2006 (7th/8th Grade)
Travel soccer players are not eligible for Rec Plus teams.
- If a team is up by 3 goals, the opposing team is given the option to add another player to the field.
Currently active FIFA Laws of The Game will apply with the following adaptations:
- Offside law does not apply.
- Modifications to the FIFA law regarding passes back to your own goalkeeper.
- Only one possession with hands is permitted. After the goalkeeper puts the ball in play, if a player on the goalkeeper’s team plays the ball to the goalkeeper, the goalkeeper may not use the hands, as provided for under FIFA Laws of the Game. The ball must be touched by a player on the opposite team before the goalkeeper is once again permitted to use the hands.
- Note: If the goalkeeper receives the ball from the opposing team and puts it back into play. Then, hands may not be used again until the ball is touched by the opposing team.
- Players may pass the ball to their goalkeeper from behind the red line only. The whole ball must be over the red line when it is played.
- Penalty for a goalkeeper improperly using the hands is a direct free kick at the top of the arc of the penalty area.
- Free substitutions may occur during play. Play does not stop for substitutions.
- The player must be off the field before the new player enters the field of play.
- Goalkeepers are not restricted to four steps while releasing the ball into play.
- During the taking of a free kick. Defending players must stay 10 feet from the ball.
- Three line passes in the air are not permitted. The ball may not be passed in the air across both red lines. The penalty is a direct kick from the center of the red line from the side of the field where the kick was taken.
- Players have 5 seconds to place dead balls back into play. Delay of game penalty may result and the ball is given to the other team.
- Any ball going outside the dasher boards or touching the net is “out of play”. “Out of play” is a direct free kick.
- All free kicks are direct.
- Minor fouls committed inside the penalty area will result in a direct kick to be taken from the top of the penalty arc.
- Kickoffs do not have to be played forward.
- Boarding is an automatic 2 minute penalty.
- Any player using both hands to grip the top of the boards will be penalized for dangerous play.
- “Throw ins” will be substituted with “kick-ins”.
- No slide tackling.
- Two or five minute penalties may be invoked by the referee for commission of a cautionable offense.
- Over 40 will play with 6 players plus the goalkeeper. Coed adult teams will play with 6 players plus the goalkeeper.
- Coed teams must have at least 3 females on the field at all times. If a Coed team has less than 3 females on the field, the team must play down 1 player for every missing female.
- In all Coed divisions female goals count as 2 goals.
- A majority vote of coaches and agreement by Off The Wall Sports management is required to further amend these adaptations to the FIFA Laws of The Game.
If a team is unable to appear at their regularly scheduled time for a game, the opposing team can receive a forfeit only if they appear for the game with sufficient numbers of players to play the game. Off The Wall Sports will not notify teams if their opponent does not intend to play. The forfeiting team will receive –3 points. If neither team appears for the game, both teams will receive –3 points.
Player conduct is as follows:
- Fighting will not be tolerated! Any player engaged in a fight will, at the discretion of the referee, be ejected from the game and restricted from play for one week.
- Any player threatening or assaulting an employee or game official of Off The Wall Sports, LLC will be ejected from the league until such time as Off The Wall Sports, LLC grants readmission in writing and will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- Teams which are continually engaging in fighting or disruptive behavior may be ejected from the league without notice or refund, at the discretion of Off The Wall Sports, LLC.